Revision as of 02:54, 21 August 2017 by Jon Preddle
|Story Code: TT / Season 6||UK Airdate: 10 Aug to 7 Sep 1968|
|Doctor: Patrick Troughton||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|Hong Kong||Jul 70||b/w|
|Nigeria||Nov or Dec 75?||b/w|
- Hong Kong presumably sent its films to Singapore soon after transmission, as that was the fate of the RTV prints of The Enemy of the World and The Web of Fear. Singapore may have sent the prints to Nigeria, as that was also the fate of those other two Troughton serials.
- An uncut 16mm print of episode 5 was found in the possession of a film collector in 1983. The then-owner had acquired it from another collector who had possessed it since 1973, which means if it was an overseas return, the only candidate is Singapore (which also changes the source for the films that went to Nigeria), however if the collector actually acquired it in 1974, then it could have come from Gibraltar (see also The Wheel in Space).
- The ABC in Australia returned its prints (parts 4 and 5 were cut by the censors) to the BBC on 4 June 1975.
- The BBC held prints of episodes 2,3,4,5 in late 1976 when Whose Doctor Who was in production. These were likely to have been the set returned by Australia. (Part 1 was probably also held.) The BBC also retained the original 16mm telerecordings and the original 35mm negative of part 3.
- By the end of 1977, the BBC had given the original 16mm telerecording negatives plus the set of Australian prints to the BFI.
- The BFI returned the Australian prints to the BBC archive in 1978. These edited episodes were subsequently used for the syndication copies sent to the United States in the mid-1980s, and also screened on UK Gold and appeared on the 1990 BBC VHS video release.
- 16mm b/w prints of episodes 2 and 3 were apparently found in Taiwan in 2013 (see Taiwan Prints for more). (The existence of these two films doesn't contradict the possible origins of the other prints as noted above, since there was not another print of episode 5 in that collection. It's far more likely that the "Taiwan" prints of 2 and 3 are part of the same set from which the orphaned uncut copy of part 5 had come -- which was probably Gibraltar.)
- See also the Troughton Junkings page.
- The original film recordings were borrowed from the BFI so the complete and uncut episodes could be released for the first time on the 2010 DVD.
- The serial was reissued by the BBC in late 1985, and sold for the first time to:
|United States||from Feb 86||b/w|
|New Zealand||Aug 00||b/w|
US TV Guide descriptions
Title: The Dominators
- Episode 1: The Doctor attempts to foil the Dominators' evil plan to explode the planet of Dulkis.
- Episode 2:
- Episode 3:
- Episode 4:
- Episode 5:
- Compilation: The Doctor attempts to foil the Dominators' evil plan to explode the planet of Dulkis.