Revision as of 23:18, 2 June 2018 by Jon Preddle
|Network: PBS||Channel(s): 54|
|First airing: 1981||Last airing: 2003|
== AIRDATES ==
- 13 April 1981: Doctor Who commences its run on KTEH, five days a week; KTEH is the third station in the Bay Area to screen the series.
- 1982: Omnibus versions commenced on Saturday nights while episodes continue to run daily.
- By mid 1983: The Peter Davison stories begin screening Saturday nights to lead in to the networked screening of The Five Doctors on 23 November 1983.
- 23 August 1983: The first of the An Interview with series airs, featuring Tom Baker.
- 1 December 1983: The Five Doctors airs at 8.50pm during a pledge night. The fan club "Legion of Rassilon" manned the phones.
- 16 June 1984: The package of the 14 available full color Jon Pertwee stories commences with Inferno, screening as Omnibus "movies" at 11.15pm on Saturdays. The arrival of the third Doctor on channel 54 was promoted on the cover of the monthly Preview 54 magazine.
- While the Pertwee Omnibuses are screening on Saturdays, Tom Baker episodes continue to air weeknights at 7.30pm.
- By November 1984 the 11.15pm Saturday screenings had reached the Peter Davison stories - Arc of Infinity aired 10 November 1984.
- KTEH generally airs two 'movie' compilations per week.
- 1985: The repackaged color / black and white Jon Pertwee stories air around this time, and repeated in 1991 and 1992.
- 16 September 1985: The Tom Baker stories are recycled again, weekdays at 7.30pm. Omnibus editions also screen Saturday evening (Nightmare of Eden screened 14 September 1985.)
- February 1987: The repackaged five Patrick Troughton stories screen. The War Games screens the very week that Troughton dies in Columbus, Georgia.
- November 1988: The Sylvester McCoy stories go to air.
- 1991-2001: The repackaged 24 Jon Pertwee stories continued to be aired a few times.
- 1992: The recently recovered The Tomb of the Cybermen screens.
- January 2003: KTEH's almost uninterrupted run of Doctor Who came to an end in January of this year.
- April 2007: KTEH became the first PBS station to acquire the New Series.
- A more detailed account of KTEH's broadcast history of Doctor Who can be found HERE