What's New 2012
- 13 December 2012: Big update to WNED.
- 2 December 2012: We now have the German titles for series 3 and 4 of the New Series -- see our Foreign Titles page.
- 23 November 2012: 49 years ago today something special and wonderful happened. If only we could remember what that was...
- 15 November 2012: This appearance of The UnDoctor aired Jan. 3, 1981:
- 8 November 2012: Thirty-two years and a week ago today, this appearance of The UnDoctor appeared on TV Ontario following part four of The Face of Evil:
- 25 October 2012: Thirty-two years ago today, this appearance of The UnDoctor appeared on TV Ontario following part three of The Face of Evil:
- 18 October 2012: Thirty-two years ago today, this appearance of The UnDoctor appeared on TV Ontario following part two of The Face of Evil:
- 17 October 2012: Significant additions to South Carolina Educational Television.
- 12 October 2012: Complete run of WBGU added.
- 11 October 2012: Thirty-two years ago today, this appearance of The UnDoctor appeared on TV Ontario following part one of The Face of Evil:
- 6 October 2012: As a follow-on to our popular Troughton Junkings page, we've added one for Hartnell Junkings; note: this covers only seasons three and four.
- 5 October 2012: Updates to WEDU.
- 4 October 2012: TVOntario Thursdays continues with this appearance of The UnDoctor following The Masque of Mandragora part 4 on 9 February 1980:
- 1 October 2012: With the latest half-season of the New Series having completed its run on TV, it's an appropriate time to launch our revamped, new-look NEW SERIES page. The 'snap-shot' is still a "work in progress", but the key data is all there. It's highly likely we've missed dates or got something wrong (!), so please drop us a line of you have any information or images we can use. There is also a linked Foreign Titles page which, if anyone is able to assist, we'd like to expand beyond the four languages we have.
- 30 September 2012: Complete(?) run of Oregon Public Broadcasting added.
- 30 September 2012: Farewell to the Ponds [sniff]. We've added a table which explores the potential bicycling paths taken by all those missing Patrick Troughton episodes: see the Troughton Junkings page.
- 27 September 2012: Thursdays are now TVOntario day at BroaDWcast. Please enjoy this recently recovered, but sadly incomplete, appearance of Dr. Jim Dator. This aired Aug. 9, 1980 following part 6 of The Monster of Peladon:
- 25 September 2012: An incomplete list of airdates for WDCN added.
- 22 September 2012: We've ADDED further airdates for PERTH in our Australia pages, but we're still missing dates for 1973 to 1980. Also ADDED are some new pictures to various pages within the Australian profile.
- 20 September 2012: We have the full video of Judith Merril's introduction to the 1980 repeat of Robot part four on the TVOntario page.
- 16 September 2012: UPDATE to Ecuador (airdates - albeit incomplete - have been found); as a result we have also revised and expanded the Mystery of the Missing Misterios
- 14 September 2012: UPDATE to Canada's CKVU (some minor corrections, and there were no further episodes in 1978 or 1979)
- 13 September 2012: UPDATES to:
- 10 September 2012: UPDATES to:
- 9 September 2012: UPDATE to Sweden (with new pictures)
- 9 September 2012: Moving up five places, KIMO is now recognized as the fourth US station to show Doctor Who, tied with WTOP.
- 9 September 2012: More than 1000 airdates added to the Connecticut Public Television list.
- 8 September 2012: UPDATE to Greece (some of the stories have been identified)
- 7 September 2012:
- 6 September 2012: Following a recent overseas jaunt to another newspaper archive, we're adding new and updating existing pages. We start with the "easy" ones first:
- 24 August 2012: Additional airings added for WILL, Iowa Public Television and KETC
- 23 August 2012: How does it play in Peoria? Friday nights around 10:30. Complete run on WTVP added.
- 20 August 2012: We're sprucing up and expanding our "New Series" page. We'd like to illustrate it with images such as in-print or on-screen promotional pictures and screen grabs that have the station idents on them, particularly from those countries in which the series is not broadcast in English, and more specifically where the series title isn't the usual spelling - i.e. "Doktor Who". Please contact us at our usual email address. Thanks!
- We currently also have a template at GallifreyBase to capture airdates and other screening trivia.
- 21 July 2012: The first two years of New Hampshire broadcasts are added. Did they really skip Genesis of the Daleks on its second run? New Hampshirites, do you remember?
- 18 June 2012: If the names Jim Dator and Judith Merril mean anything to you, head on over to the TVO page for some audio clip files.
- 16 June 2012: Some additions to the Arabic and Spanish pages, to clarify who made the foreign language dubs.
- And since we'll always grab the opportunity for some free publicity, thanks are due to SFX magazine for the 'review' and plug in issue #221 (cover dated June 2012).
- 13 June 2012: The United States pages have been reorganized, giving each market its own page. A byproduct of this change is that we can now account for stations that covered more than one state. Did you watch Doctor Who on a station in another state? Let us know: BroaDWcast@hotmail.com
- 7 June 2012: Begining run of KBDI added.
- 5 June 2012: Updates to Australia; The Brain of Morbius omnibus did screen in Adelaide in 1978 (two years ahead of the rest of the country), and we can also confirm that The Crusade was not repeated in that same region in 1966 or 1967. The bizarre order in which the 1966-67 Adelaide repeats aired has also been confirmed.
- 29 May 2012: UPDATE to Saudi Arabia, regarding the Tom Baker stories screening on two different channels.
- 24 May 2012: Listen to an interview with Jon Preddle at Cultdom Collective (a direct download), where he discusses the origins of BroaDWcast, talks about foreign broadcasts and missing episodes... (It runs for 1 hour 41 minutes.)
- 23 May 2012: A few updates to the Australia airdates, particularly Adelaide.
- May the 4th Be With You!: Coincidentally (!) we've added a new index page for the Peter Cushing Dalek movies, as well as given some uniformity to how we cover the films on the country profile pages.
- We've also given the UK-based Cable and Satellite stations their own profiles, and expanded the Airdates for some of them:
- 1 May 2012: Lots of updates to Australia pages. Thanks to Matt for supplying more Melbourne airdates, and spotting errors in our Sydney listings.
- 29 April 2012: We're slowly working our way through and tidying up the pages, some of which were getting a bit cramped or cluttered. As part of the spruce up, we've changed the way we handle YouTube clips: instead of an external link, we've imbedded the frame into the page, so the clips can now be viewed in-site.
- 28 April 2012: WETA announces a new subchannel, WETA UK, that will be showing "vintage Doctor Who", but apparently that means Doctor #9.
- 22 April 2012: Some NEW pages and UPDATES:
- 12 April 2012: Houston, hello! Airdates for KUHT added.
- 12 April 2012: Some new YouTube items added to the Australia profile page.
- 11 April 2012: The long-awaited Profile, Transmission History and Airdates pages for Australia have now been ADDED (seventeen new pages in total!).
- PHOTO MYSTERY - SOLVED!!!: The mystery photo of JNT appears to have been taken at a signing at Chicago's New Fantasy Shop in February 1983. Photos from the same event appear on pages 28-29 of the Radio Times 20th Anniversary Special. (See our List of Conventions in the United States.)
- 3 April 2012: UPDATE to Canadian station YTV to clarify the sequence of repeats.
- 2 April 2012: UPDATE to Colombia; we have found a short run of episodes in 1987, but are still no closer to solving whether any Peter Davison episodes aired...
- 23 March 2012: We love Italy so much, yes, we've made some more changes! Check out the Italian Tom Baker doll!
- 22 March 2012: List of Conventions in the United States added. We need your help. Do you have con booklets or ads? Email us: BroaDWcast@hotmail.com
- 22 March 2012: Additional screenings have been found for Italy - station Teleadige aired omnibus editions in 1992 and 1993; these were probably relayed off BBC Prime, or maybe even UK Gold. Can anyone clarify whether UK Gold's coverage extended outside the UK?
- 21 March 2012: Brand NEW profile added for Monaco; and because of the direct links with that country and Italy, yes, we've made some MORE changes to that profile, too!
- 20 March 2012: ANOTHER UPDATE to Italy! We have changed a few things to clarify the situation regarding the screenings in Monaco - a profile which will be added shortly.
- 20 March 2012: UPDATE to Italy; we now have details of a run of 1981 repeats, plus some new illustrations, including the Italian Dalek icecream!
- 13 March 2012: We love L.A.! Updates to KBSC and KCET
- 12 March 2012: Michigan updates: WGPR and WCMU.
- 8 March 2012: NEW profile added for Nepal; we have no transmission details.
- 7 March 2012: Some amendments made to Nigeria; there is still uncertainty as to which station The War Machines aired on.
- 3 March 2012: Some amendments made to: Hong Kong (new comments about the 'extra' three airdates in 1966/67); and Gibraltar (to relocate The Dominators to its correct position after The Wheel in Space in the summary and Airdates table).
- BroaDWcast gets an acknowledgement on page 4 of the most recent issue (#444) of Doctor Who Magazine. In the first of a two-part article, Richard Molesworth valiantly makes some sense out of BBC documentation recording the foreign sales of the Hartnell and Troughton stories. The second part, covering the Jon Pertwee sales, features in the next issue, due in early March.
- 28 February 2012: A 1972 repeat of William Hartnell episodes in Mexico now added to the Profile and Airdates Table.
- 27 February 2012: WGPR added.
- 21 February 2012: KCET updated. The United States page has been redesigned. All the information is still there, but it has now been spread out over several pages, allowing for better navigation and faster page loads.
- 20 February 2012: Thanks to everyone who attended the BroaDWcast panel at Gallifrey One. We overran our alloted timeslot by 30 minutes -- we could have gone on all night.
- 19 February 2012: BroaDWcast is ONE YEAR OLD TODAY! The site has grown and evolved significantly over the last twelve months. We thank you for your on-going support. We have lots of exciting things to add to the site over the upcoming months, including the full profile for Australia, some new information regarding Mexican and Caribbean broadcasts, additions to the Canada pages, plus a fully revamped profile on the United States.
- On that note, there are several States and /or cities for which very little is known about the local broadcasts of Doctor Who. If you have access to PBS programme schedules, regional TV Guides and/or newspapers (either physical copies or on microfilm at a library) for those areas, or are willing to undertake research on our behalf, please drop us a line at: BroaDWcast@hotmail.com, or via our OFFICIAL FORUM on Gallifrey Base.
- Some general RESEARCH TIPS can be found on our offical forum.
- 27 January 2012: ADDED very limited NEW profile for:
- 25 January 2012: ADDED: Very limited NEW profiles for:
- 15 January 2012: UPDATE to Rhodesia / Zimbabwe, where the series debut was, as we have recently discovered, delayed by three weeks; also some new photos added. Also flow-on UPDATE made to Zambia.
- 6 January 2012: WMVT added.