|Network: PBS||Channel(s): 21|
|First airing: 1983||Last airing:|
== AIRDATES ==
- For other stations in WPT, see Wisconsin Public Television.
- WHA aired in Madison, and on cable in the Milwaukee area.
- 18 March 1983: Doctor Who begins with two episodes and Once Upon a Time Lord.
- 25 March 1983: The series begins its regular timeslot, Friday nights at 10:30.
- 4 September 1983: The series moves to Sunday afternoons at 5:00.
- 23 November 1983: The Five Doctors airs.
- 9-10 March 1985: A 26-hour marathon of ten Jon Pertwee stories, including four "new" ones that had not been previously released for the US market. The four "new" stories were: Spearhead from Space, Frontier in Space, Planet of the Daleks, Invasion of the Dinosaurs (in five parts only), which had recently been released by the BBC as part of a complete re-package of all 24 Pertwee adventures. The Illinois/Wisconsin area TV Guide previewed the marathon with a half-page ad. This ad was subsequently used in a flyer at TJ's Comics near Chicago urging local fans to contact the programming department at channel 11. (It wasn't until 1986/87 that WTTW aired these four new stories.)
- May 1987: The series moves from its regular 4pm Sunday afternoon slot to Saturdays at 10am.
- 10 October 1987: All 14 episodes of The Trial of a Time Lord air back to back, from 10am to 6pm, with pledge breaks in between the episodes.
- 3 September 1989: The series moves to Sundays at 11pm with yet another recycling of the Tom Baker stories starting with Robot. (Incidentally, the series was preceded by Blake's 7 at 10pm.) It stays in this 11pm slot for the next three years.
- 19 August 1990: The package of 24 reissued Jon Pertwee stories commence.
- 17 March 1991: After the Pertwees, a run of Peter Davison stories commence, followed by Colin Baker from 28 July 1991, and Sylvester McCoy from 13 October 1991.
- 2 February 1992: A repeat of the Peter Davison stories begins.
- 5 July 1992: Colin Baker repeats start.
- 27 September 1992: Sylvester McCoy repeats.
- 20 December 1992: Survival ends the run on WHA.
- 2016: The Tom Baker stories air.
WPT ident, Jan. 14?, 1991
Whovent 86 commercial, PBS Pledges for WHA 1986 and 1987