The Time Warrior
|Story Code: UUU / Season 11||UK Airdate: 15 Dec 1973 to 5 Jan 1974|
|Doctor: Jon Pertwee||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following known countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. If no month is noted, the actual airdate is not confirmed, and is a close approximate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|United Arab Emirates||75||PAL|
|Hong Kong||May 75||PAL|
|New Zealand||Nov 75||PAL|
|United States||Aug 77||NTSC|
|Sierra Leone||79 or 82?||PAL|
|Sri Lanka||Jun 81||PAL|
|Saudi Arabia||Nov 81||PAL|
- The serial was dubbed into Arabic.
- This story was telerecorded as a black and white film print for foreign sales, however only two (known) countries aired the serial in that format.
- Australia received the black and white films by July 1974 (when they were viewed by the censor), but subsequently acquired PAL colour tapes in time for the commencement of colour broadcasts in March 1975.
- The films acquired by Gibraltar (from Australia?, since that was the only other country to get the serial in b/w) may have been the ones returned to the BBC in 1978, as reported in this FORUM THREAD
- The serial aired in Boston only; the rest of the United States did not get the serial until the 1983 re-issue. This appears to have been a special one-off deal struck between WGBX and the BBC that was in addition to the standard Time Life deal that was available elsewhere. (The BBC took the opportunity to also sell the serial to Canadian stations TVO and CKVU at the same time, presumably to cover the costs of having NTSC conversions made.)
- The serial was issued in mid-1983, as part of a package of 14 full colour Jon Pertwee stories sold to the United States.
US TV Guide descriptions
Title: Time Warrior
- Episode 1: An alien spaceship crash-lands near a medieval castle.
- Episode 2: Trapped in the Middle Ages, Doctor Who tracks the missing scientists and falls into the clutches of Linx (sic).
- Episode 3: Armed with his new-found arsenal, Irongron attacks Sir Edward's castle.
- Episode 4: As Lynx's spaceship prepares to depart, Doctor Who leads an attack on Irongron's fortress.
- Compilation: The crash-landing of an alien spaceship begins an adventure that traps Doctor Who and Sarah in the Middle Ages.