The Space Pirates
|Story Code: YY / Season 6||UK Airdate: 8 Mar to 12 Apr 1969|
|Doctor: Patrick Troughton||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|Hong Kong||Feb 71||b/w|
- This is the first of only two instances in which Australia is not the first to screen a Troughton story. (See also The War Games.)
- Hong Kong presumably sent its films to Singapore soon after transmission, as that was the fate of the RTV prints of The Enemy of the World and The Web of Fear.
- The ABC in Australia returned its prints to the BBC on 4 June 1975.
- The films sent to Zambia in early 1976 were from Singapore or Gibraltar (either directly or via the BBC as an intermediary), or were the set that had been returned by Australia. It's even possible that the set sent to Zambia was made up of various prints returned by the other three locations.
- When the documentary Whose Doctor Who was in production in late 1976, the BBC only held the original 35mm telerecording negative and a print of part 2. The other five negatives and any other prints they once held had already been disposed of.
- See also the Troughton Junkings page.