The Seeds of Death
|Story Code: XX / Season 6||UK Airdate: 25 Jan to 1 Mar 1969|
|Doctor: Patrick Troughton||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|Hong Kong||Dec 70||b/w|
- Hong Kong presumably sent its films to Singapore soon after transmission, as that was the fate of the RTV prints of The Enemy of the World and The Web of Fear.
- The ABC in Australia returned its prints to the BBC on 4 June 1975.
- BBC Enterprises held prints of all six parts in 1976, and the Film Library had 1, 4 and 6 in late 1977 (unless part of the Enterprises set had been transferred to the library in 1977?). (The Enterprises prints were no longer held in 1978; but they did retain the original negatives.) That there were two copies of some episodes suggests that each set had come from two different overseas countries (one set may be from Australia, the other from Singapore or Gibraltar).
- If those three countries had all returned their prints by late 1975, some of them may have made up the set that was sent to Zambia by early 1976.
- A 16mm b/w print of episode 2 was found in Taiwan in 2013. This may be the part 2 belonging to the parts 1,4,6 that was held by the Film Library; these may be the prints from Gibraltar, returned to and junked by the BBC (see Taiwan Prints for more).
- See also the Troughton Junkings page.
- The serial was reissued by the BBC in late 1985, and sold for the first time to:
|United States||from Feb 86||b/w|
|New Zealand||Nov 88||b/w|
US TV Guide descriptions
Title: The Seeds of Death
- Episode 1: Ice Warriors from Mars sabotage Earth's transit system and infect the atmosphere with a deadly Martian fungus.
- Episode 2:
- Episode 3:
- Episode 4:
- Episode 5:
- Episode 6: