The Sea Devils
|Story Code: LLL / Season 9||UK Airdate: 26 Feb to 1 Apr 1972|
|Doctor: Jon Pertwee||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following known countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. If no month is noted, the actual airdate is not confirmed, and is a close approximate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|United States||Nov 72||NTSC|
|Guam||72 or 73||NTSC|
|Hong Kong||Jul 73||b/w|
|Saudi Arabia||Nov 77||b/w|
- The story may have been dubbed into Arabic.
- It was not sold anywhere in its original PAL format. The PAL tapes of eps 1, 2 and 3 had been wiped by the end of 1973.
- The serial was screened in the Ascension Island. The black and white film prints were still there in 1985.
- The NTSC tapes were recovered from Canada by March 1983.
- The story was reissued to the United States soon afterwards, as part of a package of 14 full colour Jon Pertwee stories.
- It was released again in early 1985, as part of a package of all 24 Jon Pertwee stories, and sold again to the United States, as a NTSC to PAL conversion in Australia (in May 86, for the first time in colour), and later again to Canada.
- It also aired for the first time in:
|New Zealand||Nov 85||N/PC|
US TV Guide descriptions
Title: The Sea Devils
- Episode 1: Ships have been mysteriously vanishing near the island on which The Master has been living in guarded exile.
- Episode 2: A race of intelligent lizard-like beings seeks control of Earth.
- Episode 3: Captured by The Master, Dr. Who attempts a desperate escape.
- Episode 4: "The Sea Devils" take over the prison and form an alliance with The Master.
- Episode 5: The Master refuses Dr. Who's peace proposal.
- Episode 6: "The Sea Devils" force Dr. Who to repair machinery that will revive their colonies.
- Compilation: Near the island on which The Master is living in guarded exile, lizardlike beings have been attacking ships in a bid for world control.