The Masque of Mandragora
|Story Code: 4M / Season 14||UK Airdate: 4 Sep to 25 Sep 1976|
|Doctor: Tom Baker||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following known countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. If no month is noted, the actual airdate is not confirmed, and is a close approximate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|United Arab Emirates||Oct 77?||PAL|
|United States*||Nov 78||NTSC|
|Chile||c May 79||NTSC|
|New Zealand||Jul 79||PAL|
|Costa Rica||Feb 80||NTSC|
|Puerto Rico||Apr 80?||NTSC|
|Hong Kong||Jul 80||PAL|
- (*) The US date is based on the airdates for WTEV, which was the first US station to screen the initial package of 98 Tom Baker episodes.
- This story was dubbed into Spanish and Galician.
- The story was reissued in the mid-1980s, during the THIRD WAVE of sales.
|Saudi Arabia||late 85?||NTSC|
|Armed Forces Network||May 86||NTSC|
|Trinidad & Tobago||Sep 86||NTSC|
|Barbados/Saint Lucia||Sep 86||NTSC|
US TV Guide descriptions
Title: Masque of Mandragora
- Part 1: The Tardis lands in Renaissance Italy, where Dr. Who becomes involved with nobility, sorcery and evil.
- Part 2: The town lives in fear of the mysterious force that is making victims of its citizens.
- Part 3: The Doctor and Sarah fight to stop the evil coalition.
- Part 4: At as masked ball, the Doctor makes a last attempt to defeat the Brethren.
- Compilation: The Tardis lands in Renaissance Italy, where Dr. Who becomes involved with nobility, sorcery and evil.