|Story Code: WW / Season 6||UK Airdate: 28 Dec 1968 to 18 Jan 1969|
|Doctor: Patrick Troughton||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|Hong Kong||Nov 70||b/w|
|Nigeria||75 or 76?||b/w|
- Hong Kong presumably sent its films to Singapore soon after transmission, as that was the fate of the RTV prints of The Enemy of the World and The Web of Fear.
- The films acquired by Nigeria may have originated from Singapore.
- The ABC in Australia returned its prints to the BBC on 9 June 1976.
- Prints of all four episodes were held by the BBC in late 1976 -- these may have been the recently-returned Australia set. Episodes 1, 2 and 3 were found to be held at the Film Library by the end of 1977, although these may have been the same as the "1976" set, just relocated.
- The original 16mm telerecording negatives were donated to the BFI.
- A 16mm b/w print of episode 3 was apparently found in Taiwan in 2013. This may be the print from Gibraltar, returned to and junked by the BBC (see Taiwan Prints for more).
- See also the Troughton Junkings page.
- The serial was reissued by the BBC in early 1985, and sold for the first time to:
|New Zealand||Apr 85||b/w|
|United States||from Feb 86||b/w|
US TV Guide descriptions
Title: The Krotons
- Episode 1: The Doctor visits the city of the Gonds, where stranded monsters called Krotons drain the brightest Gonds of their mental energy to use as fuel for the Krotons' spacecraft.
- Episode 2:
- Episode 3:
- Episode 4: