The Keeper of Traken
|Story Code: 5T / Season 18||UK Airdate: 31 Jan to 21 Feb 1981||Doctor: Tom Baker|
|First airings by location||UK Terrestrial and Satellite Repeats||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following known countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. If no month is noted, the actual airdate is not confirmed, and is a close approximate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|New Zealand||Aug 81||PAL|
|United States||from May 81||NTSC|
|United Arab Emirates||Nov 86||PAL|
US TV Guide descriptions
Title: The Keeper of Traken
- Part 1: "The Keeper of Traken" requests the Doctor's urgent help.
- Part 2: Kassia has a secret pact with Melkur. TVOntario: The Doctor and Adric are accused of bringing evil into Traken's universe.
- Part 3: The succession of The Keeper is in question. TVOntario: Melkur orders Kassia to kill the Doctor and Adric.
- Part 4: The identity of Melkur is revealed. TVOntario: Melkur takes over Kassia's body to become the new Keeper, and Adric and Nyssa carry out the Doctor's plan to destroy Melkur's source of power.
- Compilation: The Doctor ensures the peaceful transfer of power on a planet known for universal harmony.