The Invasion of Time
|Story Code: 4Z / Season 15||UK Airdate: 4 Feb to 11 Mar 1978||Doctor: Tom Baker|
|First airings by location||UK Terrestrial and Satellite Repeats||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following known countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. If no month is noted, the actual airdate is not confirmed, and is a close approximate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|United Arab Emirates||Nov 78?||PAL|
|United States*||Jan 79||NTSC|
|Chile||c May 79||NTSC|
|Costa Rica||Feb 80||NTSC|
|Puerto Rico||Sep 80?||NTSC|
- (*) The US date is based on the airdates for WTEV, which was the first US station to screen the initial package of 98 Tom Baker episodes.
- This was the last Tom Baker story to be dubbed into Spanish.
- The story was reissued in the mid-1980s, during the THIRD WAVE of sales.
|Saudi Arabia||early 86?||NTSC|
|Armed Forces Network||Aug 86||NTSC|
|New Zealand||Nov 87||PAL|
US TV Guide descriptions
Title: Invasion of Time
- Part 1: Dr. Who returns to Gallifrey to become President.
- Part 2: The Doctor expels Leela to the wasteland.
- Part 3: The Doctor sides with the Vardans when they invade Gallifrey.
- Part 4: The Doctor and Leela fight the invaders on their own.
- Part 5: The Sontarans invade Gallifrey with the help of Kelner.
- Part 6: Dr. Who battles the Sontarans inside the Tardis.
- Compilation: Dr. Who returns to Gallifrey, becomes president and expels Leela to the wasteland.