The Face of Evil
|Story Code: 4Q / Season 14||UK Airdate: 1 Jan to 22 Jan 1977|
|Doctor: Tom Baker||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following known countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. If no month is noted, the actual airdate is not confirmed, and is a close approximate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|United Arab Emirates||Dec 77?||PAL|
|United States*||Nov 78||NTSC|
|Chile||c May 79||NTSC|
|New Zealand||Oct 79||PAL|
|Costa Rica||Feb 80||NTSC|
|Puerto Rico||May 80?||NTSC|
- (*) The US date is based on the airdates for WTEV, which was the first US station to screen the initial package of 98 Tom Baker episodes.
- This story was dubbed into Spanish.
- The story was reissued in the mid-1980s, during the THIRD WAVE of sales.
|Saudi Arabia||late 85?||NTSC|
|Armed Forces Network||Jun 86||NTSC|
US TV Guide descriptions
Title: Face of Evil, none for compilations
- Part 1: On a strange planet, Dr. Who encounters two warring tribes who look upon him as "the Evil One."
- Part 2: The Doctor becomes a prisoner of the tribesmen.
- Part 3: The Doctor and Leela face the god of the tribes—a computer.
- Part 4: Dr. Who must enter the Tower of Xoanon to save the tribes.
- Compilation: Dr. Who and Sarah encounter trouble when they answer a distress call from the fringe of the universe.