The Enemy of the World
|Story Code: PP / Season 5||UK Airdate: 23 Dec 1967 to 27 Jan 1968||Doctor: Patrick Troughton|
|First airings by location||UK Terrestrial and Satellite Repeats||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|Hong Kong||Jan 70||b/w|
|New Zealand||May 71||b/w|
|Nigeria||74 and Apr 75?||b/w|
- The Hong Kong prints were sent to Singapore soon after transmission.
- Singapore sent the prints to BPTV in Nigeria by the end of 1974. The films were recovered and returned to the BBC in 2013.
- The sale to Gibraltar was actually "back-catalogue", as they had already started screening Jon Pertwee stories by this time.
- The New Zealand prints were likely disposed of by the end of 1974. (The NZBC's rights to screen the story had expired on 31 March 1974.)
- The ABC in Australia returned its prints to the BBC on 4 June 1975.
- The BBC retained its original 16mm telerecording negative of part 3. It also retained a print: was this a viewing print, or was it a copy that had been returned from overseas? (If so, it may have been the print from Australia, or Zambia.)
- A 16mm b/w print of episode 6 was apparently found in Taiwan in 2013. This could be the junked print from Australia or Zambia (see Taiwan Prints for more).
- See also the Troughton Junkings page.