|Story Code: TT / Season 6||UK Airdate: 10 Aug to 7 Sep 1968|
|Doctor: Patrick Troughton||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|Hong Kong||Jul 70||b/w|
|Nigeria||Nov or Dec 75?||b/w|
- Hong Kong presumably sent its films to Singapore soon after transmission, as that was the fate of the RTV prints of The Enemy of the World and The Web of Fear.
- The ABC in Australia returned its prints (parts 4 and 5 were cut) to the BBC on 4 June 1975. The BBC still had them in 1978...
- By 1977, the BBC had given the original telerecording negatives (plus a set of uncut prints?) to the BFI.
- An uncut 16mm print of episode 5 was found in the possession of a film collector in 1983. The then-owner had acquired it from another collector who had possessed it since 1973, which means if it was an overseas return, the only candidate is Singapore or Nigeria. However if the collector actually acquired it in 1974, then it could have come from Gibraltar (see also The Wheel in Space).
- However, despite the existence of this uncut copy, the BBC used the cut print of part 5 when it re-issued the serial in 1985 (see below); the cut versions of 4 and 5 also screened on UK Gold and appeared on the 1990 BBC VHS video release.
- So that's potentially three prints of part five that have surfaced over the years: one is definitely the Australian print, and one that is likely from Gibraltar if the collector's recollection of acquiring it in 1973 is slightly askew... If an uncut set was sent to the BFI in 1977, that can only have come from Nigeria... unless the BBC had retained a set of unsold or viewing prints!
- 16mm b/w prints of episodes 2 and 3 were found in Taiwan in 2013 (see Taiwan Prints for more). (The existence of these two films doesn't contradict the possible origins of the other prints as noted above, since there was not another print of episode 5 in that collection. It's far more likely that the "Taiwan" prints of 2 and 3 are part of the same set from which the orphaned uncut copy of part 5 had come -- Gibraltar?)
- See also the Troughton Junkings page.
- The serial was reissued by the BBC in late 1985, and sold for the first time to:
|United States||from Feb 86||b/w|
|New Zealand||Aug 00||b/w|
US TV Guide descriptions
Title: The Dominators
- Episode 1: The Doctor attempts to foil the Dominators' evil plan to explode the planet of Dulkis.
- Episode 2:
- Episode 3:
- Episode 4:
- Episode 5:
- Compilation: The Doctor attempts to foil the Dominators' evil plan to explode the planet of Dulkis.