The Doctors Revisited
To celebrate the 50th Anniversary in 2013, BBC America produced The Doctors Revisited, a multi-part documentary series, one per month starting in January and concluding in November.
Each month focused on a different incarnation of the Doctor. "Revisited" was a half hour retrospective featuring interviews with the cast, crew and fan commentators, followed by a 4-part serial (or an equivalent) shown complete in an omnibus format.
The eleven instalments shown on BBC America were:
- 27 January: The Aztecs
- 24 February: The Tomb of the Cybermen
- 31 March: Spearhead from Space
- 28 April: Pyramids of Mars
- 26 May: Earthshock
- 29 June: Vengeance on Varos
- 27 July: Remembrance of the Daleks
- 31 August: The TV Movie
- 29 September: Bad Wolf / The Parting of the Ways
- 27 October: The Stolen Earth / Journey's End
- 24 November: The Impossible Astronaut / Day of the Moon
The documentaries also aired on UKTV in Australia and New Zealand, where the serials were shown episodically. The UK digital channel Watch also showed the specials, but some of the omnibus stories they played afterwards were different (the McCoy serial was Battlefield, for example).
The stories (episodically rather than compilations) and documentaries were all later released on a set of three DVDs in 2013, with introductions by Steven Moffat.