The Deadly Assassin
|Story Code: 4P / Season 14||UK Airdate: 30 Oct to 20 Nov 1976|
|Doctor: Tom Baker||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following known countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. If no month is noted, the actual airdate is not confirmed, and is a close approximate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|United Arab Emirates||Nov 77?||PAL|
|United States*||Nov 78||NTSC|
|Chile||c May 79||NTSC|
|New Zealand||Sep 79||PAL|
|Costa Rica||Feb 80||NTSC|
|Puerto Rico||May 80?||NTSC|
|Hong Kong||Sep 80||PAL|
- (*) The US date is based on the airdates for WTEV, which was the first US station to screen the initial package of 98 Tom Baker episodes.
- This story was dubbed into Spanish.
- It was classified A by the censors in Australia, and did not screen there until July 1987 (when it was reclassified as G). Of note, New Zealand was able to screen this story in 1979, presumably because the clearances that would normally have been paid by Australia had instead been met by the sale to the USA, Gibraltar or the UAE? (if clearances were still built around Commonwealth sales in the late 1970s)
- The story was reissued in the mid-1980s, during the THIRD WAVE of sales.
|Saudi Arabia||late 85?||NTSC|
|Armed Forces Network||Jun 86||NTSC|
US TV Guide descriptions
Title: Deadly Assassin
- Part 1: Dr. Who returns to Gallifrey and finds himself accused of plotting to kill the President.
- Part 2: The Doctor stands trial for his life.
- Part 3: To establish his innocence, Dr. Who searches for the mastermind of the plot.
- Part 4: The Doctor battles the Master and his plan to destroy Gallifrey.
- Compilation: Dr. Who returns to Gallifrey and finds himself accused of plotting to kill the President.