|Story Code: P / Season 2||UK Airdate: 27 Mar to 17 Apr 1965|
|Doctor: William Hartnell||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. If no month is noted, the actual airdate is not confirmed, and is a close approximate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|New Zealand||did not air||b/w|
|Sierra Leone||Jul 68||b/w|
- The story was not dubbed for screening in any Spanish or Arabic language countries. And like Marco Polo, The Reign of Terror and The Time Meddler, the negatives were not kept.
- It is a "fan-myth" that this serial was not sold to Middle Eastern countries because of its setting or content. The BBC simply did not offer any stories beyond The Rescue to countries in that region.
- New Zealand received prints in mid-1967 (not from Australia; the ABC retained its prints for a repeat in 1968). The serial did not screen due to censorship issues.
- The print of Part One was recovered in January 1999.
- The full story of the recovery of THE LION can be read here: THE LION'S TALE
- See Hartnell Junkings