Revenge of the Cybermen
|Story Code: 4D / Season 12||UK Airdate: 19 Apr to 10 May 1975||Doctor: Tom Baker|
|First airings by location||UK Terrestrial and Satellite Repeats||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following known countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. If no month is noted, the actual airdate is not confirmed, and is a close approximate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|United Arab Emirates||76?||PAL|
|Hong Kong||Feb 77||PAL|
|New Zealand||Aug 78||PAL|
|United States*||Sep 78||NTSC|
|Puerto Rico||Nov 79?||NTSC|
|Costa Rica||Feb 80||NTSC|
- (*) The US date is based on the airdates for WTEV, which was the first US station to screen the initial package of 98 Tom Baker episodes.
- This story was dubbed into Spanish, Arabic, Italian, French and Galician.
- This story was often shown after The Ark in Space, the stories being screened in production code order.
- The story was reissued in the mid-1980s, during the THIRD WAVE of sales.
|Sri Lanka||Jun 84?||PAL|
|Barbados/Saint Lucia||Jan 86||NTSC|
|Trinidad & Tobago||Feb 86||NTSC|
|Armed Forces Network||Apr 86||NTSC|
- Based on the number of known screenings worldwide, this is by far the number one top selling Doctor Who story of all, reaching over 42 countries. (The Ark in Space takes the second position.)
US TV Guide descriptions
Title: Revenge of the Cybermen
- Part 1: Dr. Who and his friends encounter a strange plague from space.
- Part 2: Sarah is infected with the plague.
- Part 3: The Cybermen plan to destroy the planet of gold before the Vogans destroy them.
- Part 4: Dr. Who and Sarah await the biggest explosion in history.
- Compilation: After Dr. Who and his friends are exposed to a strange plague, Sarah becomes infected.