Pyramids of Mars
|Story Code: 4G / Season 13||UK Airdate: 25 Oct to 15 Nov 1975|
|Doctor: Tom Baker||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following known countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. If no month is noted, the actual airdate is not confirmed, and is a close approximate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|United Arab Emirates||77?||PAL|
|United States*||Oct 78||NTSC|
|New Zealand||Oct 78||PAL|
|Hong Kong||Jan 79||PAL|
|Chile||c May 79||NTSC|
|Puerto Rico||Jan 80?||NTSC|
|Costa Rica||Feb 80||NTSC|
- (*) The US date is based on the airdates for WTEV, which was the first US station to screen the initial package of 98 Tom Baker episodes.
- This story was dubbed into Spanish, Arabic, Italian, French and Galician.
- This story was often shown before Planet of Evil, the stories being screened in production code order.
- The United Arab Emirates returned some of the tapes of this story to the BBC in 1991.
- The story was reissued in the mid-1980s, during the THIRD WAVE of sales.
|Sri Lanka||May 84||PAL|
|Trinidad & Tobago||Dec 85||NTSC|
|Armed Forces Network||May 86||NTSC|
|Barbados/Saint Lucia||May 86||NTSC|
US TV Guide descriptions
Title: Pyramids of Mars
- Episode 1: An Egyptian professor summons the power of an ancient god.
- Episode 2: The evil god Sutekh awakens in his tomb.
- Episode 3: The Doctor loses a confrontation with his adversary.
- Episode 4: Dr. Who battles the evil god Sutekh.
- Compilation: An Egyptian professor summons the power of an ancient god.