Planet of Evil
|Story Code: 4H / Season 13||UK Airdate: 27 Sep to 18 Oct 1975|
|Doctor: Tom Baker||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following known countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. If no month is noted, the actual airdate is not confirmed, and is a close approximate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|United Arab Emirates||77?||PAL|
|United States*||Oct 78||NTSC|
|New Zealand||Nov 78||PAL|
|Hong Kong||Feb 79||PAL|
|Costa Rica||Feb 80||NTSC|
|Puerto Rico||Feb 80?||NTSC|
- (*) The US date is based on the airdates for WTEV, which was the first US station to screen the initial package of 98 Tom Baker episodes.
- This story was dubbed into Spanish, Arabic, Italian, French and Galician.
- This story was often shown after Pyramids of Mars, the stories being screened in production code order.
- The story was reissued in the mid-1980s, during the THIRD WAVE of sales.
|Armed Forces Network||Apr 86||NTSC|
|Trinidad & Tobago||May 86||NTSC|
|Barbados/Saint Lucia||Jun 86||NTSC|
US TV Guide descriptions
Title: Planet of Evil
- Part 1: Dr. Who and Sarah answer a distress call from the fringe of the universe.
- Part 2: The monster traps the space probe on Zeta Minor.
- Part 3: A bestial sentry guards the spaceship on the alien planet.
- Part 4: Dr. Who fights the enemy while the spaceship plunges toward oblivion.
- Compilation: Dr. Who and Sarah encounter trouble when they answer a distress call from the fringe of the universe.