Genesis of the Daleks
|Story Code: 4E / Season 12||UK Airdate: 8 Mar to 12 Apr 1975|
|Doctor: Tom Baker||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following known countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. If no month is noted, the actual airdate is not confirmed, and is a close approximate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|United Arab Emirates||76?||PAL|
|United States*||Sep 78||NTSC|
|Hong Kong||Nov 78||PAL|
|Puerto Rico||Dec 79?||NTSC|
|Costa Rica||Feb 80||NTSC|
- (*) The US date is based on the airdates for WTEV, which was the first US station to screen the initial package of 98 Tom Baker episodes.
- A number of the countries that screened The Sontaran Experiment and Revenge of the Cybermen did not screen Genesis of the Daleks. There could be any number of reasons why this would be the case, such as: censorship, or it was too hard to dub the Dalek voices satisfactorily, or there were rights issues with Terry Nation and his agent which excluded the serial from being sold by the BBC...
- This story was dubbed into Spanish, Arabic, French and Galician.
- This story was often shown after Revenge of the Cybermen, the stories being screened in production code order.
- The story was reissued in the mid-1980s, during the THIRD WAVE of sales.
|Sri Lanka||Jun 84?||PAL|
|Barbados/Saint Lucia||Feb 86||NTSC|
|Trinidad & Tobago||Mar 86||NTSC|
|Armed Forces Network||Apr 86||NTSC|
|New Zealand||May 87||PAL|
- The screening in Taiwan was as a four-parter. (It's possible this was actually a printing mix up and they actually screened Destiny of the Daleks.)
US TV Guide descriptions
Title: Genesis of the Daleks
- Part 1: The Doctor is stranded on war-torn Skaro—the planet of the Daleks.
- Part 2: Sarah faces the wastelands alone, while the Doctor meets a Dalek.
- Part 3: A new threat is unleashed when the Kaled dome is destroyed.
- Part 4: Davros turns against his allies.
- Part 5: The Daleks revolt against Davros.
- Part 6: The Daleks take over.
- Compilation 1/2: The Doctor is stranded on war-torn Skaro—the planet of the Daleks.
- Compilation 2/2: Sarah faces the wastelands alone, while the Doctor meets a Dalek.